If your holiday went wrong, we can help

We understand that a holiday is the biggest yearly investment that most of us will make, the anticipation and excitement after months of saving and planning can be overwhelming and for most of us this feeling is rewarded with a fun, relaxing time, but what when something goes wrong?

An injury while on holiday is unexpected, to say the least. Alongside the pain, you are suffering, being in an unfamiliar place away from your home comforts can result in additional stress and inconveniences.

If you have had an accident on holiday that wasn’t your fault, then we could be able to help you claim the compensation you deserve. To find out more contact our legal advice team today on 08000 250 250. We can advise in minutes if we could help you and provide you with the tailored support and guidance you need to ensure you make the right decision for you.

What are the types of holiday accidents I can claim for?

Each person we speak to has their own individual circumstances and with our experience, we are certain your situation will differ to everyone else’s; however, there are a few of the common types of holiday accidents you can claim for:

  • Slip, trip or fall – due to wet floors or objects left in walkways etc.
  • Injuries caused by a rental car – if the vehicle was substandard or defective
  • Injuries sustained in sporting activities – e.g. skiing or water sports
  • Injuries sustained while on a day excursion
  • If you have been injured on foreign public transport
  • Holiday sickness claims

If you have been injured while on a cruise, boat, plane or on a beach then we could also help you claim the compensation you deserve.

But don’t worry if your type of experience hasn’t been listed, as mentioned these are only examples and the best way to find out if we can help you claim compensation is to speak with our legal advisors on 08000 250 250.

How can I make a holiday accident claim?

Many of us in the UK, travel either for work or pleasure and therefore, accidents are likely to happen. Even though accidents abroad are common it shouldn’t and doesn’t, mean you cannot claim compensation for an injury you have sustained that wasn’t your fault.

Your compensation claim will be made in the country of where your accident happened; this means these types of compensation claims can be difficult in comparison to claiming in the UK, as your claim will be made subject to the law within that country. This could also affect the amount of compensation you could be entitled to or your rights to claim compensation.

There are regulations and bodies set out in order to help you claim the compensation you deserve and get the support you need after your accident including the Packages Travel, Package Holiday and Package Tour Regulation Act 1992. This particular Act aids travellers to claim compensation if they have sustained an injury on a package holiday in the UK.

If you have travelled independently and not used a package holiday then we could still help you, you were owed a duty of care, by your hotel, their staff and any other company you came in to contact with on your travels, to ensure your safety.

If something terrible happens while on holiday it can ruin your time away when it has happened through the negligence of someone else it can add to the distress. Claim for your holiday accident doesn’t have to impact the rest of your year though, Direct Solicitors can help you claim the compensation you deserve on a No Win No Fee basis.

Will my compensation claim be affected depending on which country I was in?

If you have had an accident while on holiday abroad, then we can help you.

My accident happened in the EU:

If you were travelling in the EU when your accident happened then your claim would have to be made in the EU as well, any accident claim must be made in the same country in which the accident occurred in.

Road traffic accidents in the EU:

Road traffic accidents can happen anywhere and the EU is no different, if you have been in a road traffic accident in the EU that wasn’t your fault then you could be entitled to make a claim. Whether you were travelling in a car, on a motorbike or on public transport contact our team and find out if you’re eligible to claim.

It is the law that all European vehicles are listed on one database, under the 4th EU Motor Directive 2003; therefore, it is easier to trace a vehicle if it has been involved in an accident.

However, if the vehicle cannot be traced, then the Motor Insurers’ Bureau can pay compensation to victims of road traffic accidents. They can also pay compensation if the driver of the vehicle was not insured.

My accident was outside of the EU:

When travelling outside of the EU accident claims, same as when travelling in the EU will need to be made in the country where the accident happened.

Due to not being familiar with surroundings etc. we advise that as much information is collected as possible including:

  • Writing down what happened in the accident or making a sketch
  • Taking photographs of the scene
  • Collecting any witness details including name, phone number and address
  • Keeping a record of your injuries
  • Noting all medical treatment etc. you have sought for your injury since the accident

My holiday accident was in the UK:

Whilst holiday accidents are commonly thought of as outside the UK, it is possible to have an accident whilst on holiday within the UK and of course, we can help you claim the compensation you deserve if you have sustained an injury in the last 3 years due to an accident that was no fault of your own.

To find out more about claiming for a holiday accident then contact our legally trained team of advisors, they will ask you questions about your experience to ensure they can give you the best-tailored advice to suit your needs.

Paying for my compensation claim

We know that an accident on holiday can not only ruin your holiday but may also mean time off work and financial strains, but don’t worry making a claim doesn’t have to be another financial stress.

Our solicitors can work on a No Win No Fee basis; this means you will not have to worry about paying upfront for your legal fees. It also means if our solicitors take your case on under a No Win No Fee agreement [also known as a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA)] and you don’t win any compensation you will not owe them any fee, there are no hidden terms and/or conditions, just simply, if you do not win your case you do not pay a fee.

We're here to help

Contact us for a free initial consultation

Was the Accident your fault?


Did you receive medical attention?


Calculate Your Injury Claim

Know Your Claim In 30 Seconds

Check My Claim